Friday, June 14, 2013

Issey Miyake BaoBao Tote


Issey Miyake BaoBao Tote: Lego Lego
Price: $495.00
Where to Buy: shopbaobaoisseymiyake.com
Bagopedia's Rating: 5 Bags (Out of 5)
Bagopedia's Comment: Before Bagopedia posts this entry, I have checked that my last entry for this blog. It was Feb. 2013. Time flies. I've got a comment on My Birkin Blog asking if I have abandoned this blog. 

I haven't forget about this blog. As I have been tracking the visits on this blog, it is still strong. Since I opened My Birkin Blog Online store, it went crazy. I was flying so much this year so I decided to take my summer slowly. 

Bagopedia hasn't found any interesting bags this spring/summer. I am hoping FW 2013 to see more interesting bags. SS 2013 bags are all from the pervious designs and made a slight different elements or colors. 

When I was in Tokyo, I saw people carrying this tote a lot. It isn't a North American thing but it is an Asian thing.

The first impression is good. I really like the Frank Gehry/Lego look design. It is also very recognizable. 

Not just the first impression impressed me. The use for this tote is amazing. The bag looks like a magazine tote with no depth. It looks like it doesn't carry much. However, if you put a lot of stuff (like myself), the bag becomes a tote bag with deep depth. It is amazing that when the bag sits with stuff inside, the structures become bottom.

There are standard colors- black, white, and silver. There are also seasonal colors- yellow, blue, green, multi-colors. 

Bagopedia bought a black to start with. It is nice for me because it can be folded completely flat inside my Birkin bag as a shopping tote.

The price isn't bad for a bag I think it will last for a few years. 

1 comment: